Carolyn Micek, L. Ac.
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs
I am delighted that you are here! I have recently moved from Lawrence, KS, to Madison, WI, to be closer to my family, and am very excited to be living here. I practice Traditional Chinese Medicine, which includes both acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of service to you!
The Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture can effectively treat acute and chronic conditions and provide preventative care. It’s effective for many conditions including:
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders – Sinusitis, Allergies, Pain after a Tooth Extraction
- Gastrointestinal Disorders – Heartburn, Gastric Ulcers, Diarrhea, Nausea and Vomiting, Constipation
- Gynecological Disorders – Painful Periods, Irregular Periods, PMS, Infertility, Morning Sickness, Menopausal Complaints
- Mental-Emotional – Stress, Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression
- Neurological and Muscular Disorders – Headaches, Migraines, Neck Pain, Frozen Shoulder, Tennis Elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Sciatica, Lower Back Pain, Stroke Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Disorders – Bronchitis, Asthma
- Chemotherapy Side Effects – Nausea and Vomiting, Fatigue, Neuropathy, Pain
I have been practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine since 1995. I am passionate about healing, am committed to my patient's care, and strongly believe in our abilities to heal and recuperate. I also enjoy establishing a personal connection with my patients!
I am honored to to do this work, search for answers to complex problems, and stay dedicated to healing.
- Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Nationally Certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Wisconsin Acupuncture License
- Contract Provider with the UW Integrative Health program at The American Center
- Healing Choices participant with Unity Health Insurance
- Vice President of the Wisconsin Society of Certified Acupuncturists (WISCA)
- Volunteer at Dryhootch, an organization formed by combat Veterans to help Veterans in their return home
I also love to garden and am passionate about native plant communities. On full moons, I can be found at the Arboretum, happily participating in naturalist lead night walks.